The holidays may have come to an end, but winter is still in full swing (even here in California! lol). Each month L & I send out an informative post card to our Real Estate clients in town with a simple, yet DELICIOUS recipe on the back for them to enjoy … this month’s was SO good we thought we’d share with you all too!
*Our only substitute was Ghirardelli white chocolate chips instead of the vanilla almond bark, which melted so easily and tasted divine!
Carrot Crumble Bars
Can’t figure out what to make with all the carrots you have left in that bag (…before they expire, lol)? Well here is a fabulous organic & gluten-free recipe for you to try! These bars are yet another simple bake and are quite crumbly, you could even use them as a layered parfait-type dessert with coconut milk whipped cream in between layers …. sounds DELISH! Whichever way you choose to eat them though, we’re sure this will become one of your new favorite healthy snacks!
- 1 C. Sugar in the RAW
- 3/4 C. Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Organic Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C. Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 C. Organic Raw Carrots (Ground)
Cream sugar and oil together.
Add vanilla and eggs. Beat well.
Sift together flour, cinnamon, soda and salt.
Add to creamed mixture.
Fold in carrots.
Bake in greased (13 x 9) pan in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Hello 2014, we’re back!
It has been FAR too long since we have been able to post, but we’re back and ready for action! 2013 was a very busy and life changing year for us for many reasons, and as a result this year’s resolution is to get (and stay) a little bit healthier hehe. So, we have adopted a semi-paleo; gluten-free, dairy-free & organic as possible diet. Sounds limiting, but I have to admit, one of our favorite treats with this new lifestyle are these Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Bites. It’s a new way of enjoying an indulgent treat without the guilt that comes along with it. Not to mention how quick and easy they are to make, truly a win-win situation! Based on one of my favorite paleo-bloggers Juli of PaleOMG.com‘s (If you haven’t checked out her blog head over NOW! She is amazing, and truly an inspiration to us with this new lifestyle) Protein Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Ball recipe, it is sure to have your taste buds tingling! Try them out for yourself and let us know how you feel about this healthy treat!
- 3 dried (pitted) dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 heaping tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- In your food processor, pulse dates until they are minced
- In a bowl mix dates, coconut flour, coconut oil, almond butter, coconut milk, vanilla extract and a dash of salt
- Add in your chocolate chips.
- Roll together ingredients to make 7-8 balls.
- Place in the refrigerator (freezer if you’re in a hurry) to set
Once you feel they’re firm enough, grab one or more & ENJOY!