Let me start by saying this cookbook is everything I’d hoped it would be and MORE!
From how beautifully set up it is, to the absolutely DELICIOUS recipes inside! George (of Civilized Caveman) and Juli (of Paleomg) truly out did themselves. My first choice was the Cinnamon-Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread, and it was divine! The simplicity of both the ingredients and preparation made the end result even better! Can’t wait to try out their next recipe!
If you haven’t picked up your copy of “The Paleo Kitchen” run out and do so now, for this and many more recipes! You will not regret it!
- coconut oil, to grease the pan
- 4 medium bananas (about 1 pound)
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted grass-fed butter, melted
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine-grain sea salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch metal loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the bananas, eggs, butter, and almond butter in a food processor or mixing bowl and mix until the ingredients are well blended. Add the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and continue to mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, mix together the swirl ingredients. Heat, stirring often, until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the bread batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. As soon as you pour the batter, pour the chocolate swirl directly on top and use a knife to swirl the chocolate throughout the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before serving.
*UPDATE: Julie featured my photo as one of her faves! Check it out below! :]