Apple Cider Muffins
Nothing is sweeter than the taste of warm apple cider on a cold day (not that we’ve been having very cool days in SoCal lately … today was a chilly 85 lol). However, we decided that the only thing that could be better than the delicious beverage has to be a fresh out of the oven apple cider muffin! Our recipe uses ‘sweet’ sorghum flour (a gluten substitute) which we found we really enjoyed, flavor and texture wise! It is comparable to tapioca flour, which you can use instead if that’s what you have on hand.
er you’re experiencing an early spring like us or you’re in the midst of the “polar vortex” these treats are a must try!
1/2 C. almond butter
- 1/2 C. apple cider
- 1 apple (cored & shredded)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 C. ‘sweet’ white sorghum flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/4 C. sugar in the RAW
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In medium bowl mix together shredded apple, almond butter, egg, and apple cider vinegar (make sure ingredients are completely blended)
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients; sorghum flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix completely
- Grease (or use cupcake liners) muffin tins and pour in batter
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool, Enjoy!