Raspberry Chocolate-Chip Chia Pudding (Overnight)
If you’re anything like me, breakfast is not your favorite meal of the day. I don’t know if it’s that I’m not hungry enough right when I wake up, that I am usually running to get to my first destination in the morning and never have time to prep, or that it just seems like breakfast food is all the same that turns me off from it all together. The trouble is it’s the MOST important meal of the day, and to skip it or eat junk when you’re in a rush is only doing yourself a disservice.
So while searching desperately for a new twist on boring old breakfast I was so excited when I came across an overnight (organic and paleo friendly) chia seed breakfast pudding ….. YUM! This recipe has 3 simple stages: prep, pour into a lidded container for storage while it sets in the fridge, then in the morning put into a glass with the toppings you choose & enjoy. Couldn’t have been easier, and prepping the night before gives you a breakfast on the go – just what I needed!
- 1½ cups coconut milk (about 12 ounces)
- 1 heaping tablespoon honey & flax almond butter
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raspberries (for topping)
- 1-2 tablespoons Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (for topping)
- Blend together coconut milk, almond butter, vanilla extract, and honey in your blender.
- Add chia seeds into the blended mixture, be sure to stir vigorously so that the seeds are thoroughly saturated
- Put mixture into desired container & seal top
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Top with Raspberries & Chocolate Chips
- Enjoy your delicious & nutritious breakfast!
Breakfast never looked so good! Hehe