Hello 2014, we’re back!
It has been FAR too long since we have been able to post, but we’re back and ready for action! 2013 was a very busy and life changing year for us for many reasons, and as a result this year’s resolution is to get (and stay) a little bit healthier hehe. So, we have adopted a semi-paleo; gluten-free, dairy-free & organic as possible diet. Sounds limiting, but I have to admit, one of our favorite treats with this new lifestyle are these Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Bites. It’s a new way of enjoying an indulgent treat without the guilt that comes along with it. Not to mention how quick and easy they are to make, truly a win-win situation! Based on one of my favorite paleo-bloggers Juli of PaleOMG.com‘s (If you haven’t checked out her blog head over NOW! She is amazing, and truly an inspiration to us with this new lifestyle) Protein Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Ball recipe, it is sure to have your taste buds tingling! Try them out for yourself and let us know how you feel about this healthy treat!
- 3 dried (pitted) dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 heaping tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- In your food processor, pulse dates until they are minced
- In a bowl mix dates, coconut flour, coconut oil, almond butter, coconut milk, vanilla extract and a dash of salt
- Add in your chocolate chips.
- Roll together ingredients to make 7-8 balls.
- Place in the refrigerator (freezer if you’re in a hurry) to set
Once you feel they’re firm enough, grab one or more & ENJOY!