Carrot Crumble Bars
Can’t figure out what to make with all the carrots you have left in that bag (…before they expire, lol)? Well here is a fabulous organic & gluten-free recipe for you to try! These bars are yet another simple bake and are quite crumbly, you could even use them as a layered parfait-type dessert with coconut milk whipped cream in between layers …. sounds DELISH! Whichever way you choose to eat them though, we’re sure this will become one of your new favorite healthy snacks!
- 1 C. Sugar in the RAW
- 3/4 C. Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Organic Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C. Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 C. Organic Raw Carrots (Ground)
Cream sugar and oil together.
Add vanilla and eggs. Beat well.
Sift together flour, cinnamon, soda and salt.
Add to creamed mixture.
Fold in carrots.
Bake in greased (13 x 9) pan in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Coconut Milk Whipped Cream
Say hello to your new guilty pleasure! So simple to make and super delicious you will want to put this on just about everything … and since it’s gluten-free, dairy-free and totally paleo, you can! hehe
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (refrigerated over-night)
- 1-2 Tbsp. honey (maple syrup or agave work as well)
- 1/2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- Scoop out the thick cream that has solidified on the top layer of the coconut milk can into mixing bowl. This will become your whipped cream!
- Add sweetener to taste, and vanilla extract to mixing bowl
- Mix ingredients until soft peaks are formed (we used our Kitchen Aid stand mixer for this)
Voila! Whipped Cream! ENJOY!
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I strongly believe one of the hardest parts of eating healthy(er) is having to say no to bread! It’s just so good! And while nothing will ever completely replace the traditional taste of bread, I have to admit this recipe will come close. Not to mention the truly heavenly smell that will come out of your oven while this bakes, to die for! A quick prep and not having to wait for yeast to rise makes this a simple, guilt-free way to fill that void resisting bread has left you with.
- 1/2-1 cup blueberries (or whatever fits your fancy)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 eggs (whisked)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bread pans with coconut oil and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients: almond flour, cinnamon and baking soda.
- In a seperate bowl mix together: honey, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; make sure these are well incorporated.
- Fold in blueberries to the mixture.
- Pour into bread pan. Bake for about 35 minutes (time may vary depending on pan size).
- Let Cool
- Cut & Enjoy!
Raspberry Chocolate-Chip Chia Pudding (Overnight)
If you’re anything like me, breakfast is not your favorite meal of the day. I don’t know if it’s that I’m not hungry enough right when I wake up, that I am usually running to get to my first destination in the morning and never have time to prep, or that it just seems like breakfast food is all the same that turns me off from it all together. The trouble is it’s the MOST important meal of the day, and to skip it or eat junk when you’re in a rush is only doing yourself a disservice.
So while searching desperately for a new twist on boring old breakfast I was so excited when I came across an overnight (organic and paleo friendly) chia seed breakfast pudding ….. YUM! This recipe has 3 simple stages: prep, pour into a lidded container for storage while it sets in the fridge, then in the morning put into a glass with the toppings you choose & enjoy. Couldn’t have been easier, and prepping the night before gives you a breakfast on the go – just what I needed!
- 1½ cups coconut milk (about 12 ounces)
- 1 heaping tablespoon honey & flax almond butter
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raspberries (for topping)
- 1-2 tablespoons Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (for topping)
- Blend together coconut milk, almond butter, vanilla extract, and honey in your blender.
- Add chia seeds into the blended mixture, be sure to stir vigorously so that the seeds are thoroughly saturated
- Put mixture into desired container & seal top
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Top with Raspberries & Chocolate Chips
- Enjoy your delicious & nutritious breakfast!
Breakfast never looked so good! Hehe
Hello 2014, we’re back!
It has been FAR too long since we have been able to post, but we’re back and ready for action! 2013 was a very busy and life changing year for us for many reasons, and as a result this year’s resolution is to get (and stay) a little bit healthier hehe. So, we have adopted a semi-paleo; gluten-free, dairy-free & organic as possible diet. Sounds limiting, but I have to admit, one of our favorite treats with this new lifestyle are these Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Bites. It’s a new way of enjoying an indulgent treat without the guilt that comes along with it. Not to mention how quick and easy they are to make, truly a win-win situation! Based on one of my favorite paleo-bloggers Juli of PaleOMG.com‘s (If you haven’t checked out her blog head over NOW! She is amazing, and truly an inspiration to us with this new lifestyle) Protein Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Ball recipe, it is sure to have your taste buds tingling! Try them out for yourself and let us know how you feel about this healthy treat!
- 3 dried (pitted) dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 heaping tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- In your food processor, pulse dates until they are minced
- In a bowl mix dates, coconut flour, coconut oil, almond butter, coconut milk, vanilla extract and a dash of salt
- Add in your chocolate chips.
- Roll together ingredients to make 7-8 balls.
- Place in the refrigerator (freezer if you’re in a hurry) to set
Once you feel they’re firm enough, grab one or more & ENJOY!