Roasted Peach & Lavender Ice Cream [Organic]
Something about roasted peaches and the smell of lavender just overwhelms the senses and makes your mouth water. This is our organic adaptation of Roasted Peach & Lavender Ice Cream… and there are really no words that capture the flavorful goodness of this treat. Not to mention the extreme heat we’ve been experiencing these last few weeks which only makes this recipe that much more appetizing. It is a “perfect storm” of ingredients that becomes the ultimate summer time snack!
- 6 peaches (organic)
- 1 tablespoon(ish) sugar-free honey substitute to drizzle over peaches
- 1 teaspoon dried edible lavender buds (can be found at sprouts/whole foods)
- 1 cups organic heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup sugar-free honey substitute (also found at sprouts, and so delicious you won’t even notice a difference!)
Prepare the ice cream:
- Pre heat the oven to 415 F
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits.
- Place in large roasting pan, cut side up. Drizzle with the honey and lavender.
- Roast until golden brown and soft, about 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool completely and peel the skins off the peaches (our peaches didn’t seem to want to peel so we simply sliced them into small/skinny pieces to blend).
In a large saucepan set over medium heat, cook together the cream, milk, almond milk and honey until they barely start to boil. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Refrigerate until cold.
When the fruit and cream base are chilled sufficiently, add them to the base and process the ice cream according to your ice cream maker’s instructions (we used our blender to leave it a little chunkier and more natural in texture).
Freeze until set (Mason Jars work GREAT for freezing and look so neat!)
SCOOP AND ENJOY!